Get alerts whenever Sport Cardiff - Cardiff Games creates a new opportunity Sport Cardiff - Cardiff Games
The Cardiff Games is an Olympic and Paralympic legacy multi-sport competition for Primary and Secondary schools in Cardiff. Building on the existing success of individual school sport competitions, along with the addition of some new and exciting sports, the Cardiff Games seeks to inspire, motivate and encourage young sports people within Cardiff to participate in sport and take pride in representing their school.
Schools can enter sports competitions to compete for the accolade of ‘Cardiff Games Champion’. A school will obtain points for simply entering teams in the designated sports competitions and receive additional points depending on their final standing in the individual competition.
The Cardiff Games is organised and managed by Sport Cardiff in partnership with national governing bodies to provide a full and varied pathway for school children between the ages of 9-16.
- 98 Primary schools participate
- 20 Secondary schools participate
- Around 20,000 young people in Cardiff will have the opportunity to participate
- Schools will compete in 19 different sports: Athletics, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Canoeing, Cheerleading, Cricket, Cross Country, Dance, Football, Golf, Gymnastics, Hockey, Judo, Netball, Rugby Union, Table Tennis, Tennis, Volleyball
- There will be disability sport competitions in: Boccia, Football, Table Tennis, Wheelchair Basketball